April 22, 2011 20:49 by Ty
Today is Earth Day and many wonder, “How do I celebrate Earth Day?” There are many ways you can celebrate earth day, and that involves Reducing, Reusing and Recycling habits. Some Earth Day celebration examples are:
- Recycling used batteries.
- Buying new rechargeable batteries to replace one time use disposable batteries.
- Buy 100% reused shopping bags, or reuse a shopping bag.
- Reduce the amount of water you use.
- Carpool to work or to the store. Or just ride your bike.
- Avoid using the air conditioner if the weather is nice outside.
- Plant a tree or create a garden in your backyard.
- Get a group together and pick up trash and litter that is on the side of the road or in a state park.
- And if you want to be extreme, install solar panels on your house.
Treat earth day like a birthday. It’s Mother Earth’s birthday, so do something nice for her. Earth day is here to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment.
Find out more information on Earth Day, events and the history behind it.
Recycling Locations: http://www.call2recycle.org/