April 22, 2013 23:38 by Jeremy
In case you haven't already, mark your calendars every year on April 22, for that is the day that we celebrate Earth Day! Today, citizens of Earth spread the news of supporting the environment through various means, from waste reduction to recycling tips.
If you're still using disposable batteries, try investing in a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger! We even have our own section specifically for rechargeable household batteries. Reducing the number of disposable batteries around the world will cut back on various types of waste that are harmful to our environment.
Check out the link here in case you're in need of rechargeable AA or AAA batteries - and spread the word, not just of us, but also of Earth Day! Make saving the world a regular part of your schedule and society, and not just a helpful holiday.
April 22, 2011 20:49 by Ty
Today is Earth Day and many wonder, “How do I celebrate Earth Day?” There are many ways you can celebrate earth day, and that involves Reducing, Reusing and Recycling habits. Some Earth Day celebration examples are:
- Recycling used batteries.
- Buying new rechargeable batteries to replace one time use disposable batteries.
- Buy 100% reused shopping bags, or reuse a shopping bag.
- Reduce the amount of water you use.
- Carpool to work or to the store. Or just ride your bike.
- Avoid using the air conditioner if the weather is nice outside.
- Plant a tree or create a garden in your backyard.
- Get a group together and pick up trash and litter that is on the side of the road or in a state park.
- And if you want to be extreme, install solar panels on your house.
Treat earth day like a birthday. It’s Mother Earth’s birthday, so do something nice for her. Earth day is here to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment.
Find out more information on Earth Day, events and the history behind it.
Recycling Locations: http://www.call2recycle.org/